Pediatric dentistry refers to dental care and oral health education for younger patients, from babies with their first tooth all the way to those in their teenage years. Dr. Feely provides services that encourage young ones to take good care of their teeth from an early age, educating them on the proper ways to brush, floss and maintain good habits that will prevent tooth decay and other dental problems. All of this is done in a safe environment where the child or teenager feels comfortable, promoting a positive dentist visit experience that will set the tone for years to come.
What are the Benefits of Pediatric Dentistry?
- Children learn to feel comfortable visiting the dentist
- Children learn proper brushing and flossing techniques
- Children benefit from care that addresses their specific needs
- Caring for a child’s oral health early lessens the chance of serious dental problems down the road
What Services to We Offer for Kids?
Regular dental exams for your child will ensure that any oral health problems can be prevented, or at least detected early enough to avoid painful and expensive dental problems from developing. A typical exam includes checking for signs of tooth decay, infection and gum disease. Depending on the child’s age, it may also include teaching them how to brush and floss and how to eat for good oral health. Parents can also use this time to discuss with Dr. Feely any concerns or ask any questions about their child’s dental health and their treatment options, when needed.
Depending on the child’s age and whether Dr. Feely finds tartar or plaque buildup, he may include a dental cleaning during your child’s exams; this cleaning will remove these hard-to-reach deposits from your child’s teeth. This process will be done using small dental tools that better fit the size of your child’s mouth so that they are more comfortable.
When tooth decay and/or damage weakens tooth structure, a dental filling is typically used to strengthen the tooth so that it can be preserved instead of extracted from your child’s mouth. At Ramona Family Dentistry, we use white resin (tooth-colored) fillings to keep your child’s mouth metal-free and their smile looking naturally bright.
Emergency Dental Treatment
Dental emergencies sometimes happen — kids may get hit in the mouth while playing sports, rough-housing or any number of activities, or may crack a tooth while eating hard candy. If your child has a dental emergency where he or she loses or damages one or more teeth, we offer emergency dental treatment at our office.
Ramona Family Dentistry offers orthodontic treatment, including ClearCorrect and Invisalign invisible braces, to both child and adult patients with misaligned teeth. Both of these treatments gradually straighten teeth using clear, removable teeth aligner trays. Treatments typically last 12 months or less.
Why Choose Us for Pediatric Dentistry?
- Feely and his team work hard to provide a positive, relaxed and comfortable environment so that your child has a positive experience visiting the dentist
- We teach children about the importance of visiting the dentist and how to develop good oral health habits that they can keep throughout their life
- We provide high-quality dental care for young patients, tailoring our exams and treatments to fit their unique needs
Schedule Your Child’s First — or Next — Appointment Today
To schedule a dental appointment for your child, contact our office today by calling (760) 789-0170.