Gone are the days of waiting weeks between multiple dentist visits just to get the attractive, healthy smile you’re after. At Ramona Family Dentistry, we are proud to offer the latest in dental technology, the CEREC dental restorative system. With CEREC, there are no more wasted vacation days spent going to the dentist, and no more uncomfortable and ill-fitting temporary crowns and other restorations — your treatment is simplified to one dental office visit. During this visit, your permanent restoration is made with precision using CEREC digital imaging technology, and then placed in that same visit.
What Exactly is CEREC?
CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) is a dental restorative system that uses 3D digital technology (a digital camera and computer) and a milling machine to create same-day tooth restorations (crowns, inlays, fillings and veneers) in the dental office, instead of having to send it to the dental lab — a process that often involves weeks of waiting and multiple office visits.
How Does CEREC Work?
During your dental procedure, Dr. Feely will use the CEREC system’s digital camera to take a picture of your prepared tooth, which the CEREC software will then use to create a 3D virtual model of your tooth. Dr. Feely can then use this model to design your restoration online, a process that takes only minutes, during which you can watch or simply relax in the dental chair. Once the restoration is designed, Dr. Feely sends the design to the CEREC milling machine, which then creates the restoration. This process requires no messy impressions, minutes to design and an unprecedented accuracy for creating a well-fitting restoration.
What are the Benefits of CEREC?
- Restorations are designed, created, fitted and placed in one visit
- Eliminates the need for multiple office visits spread over several weeks
- Uses high-quality materials for long-lasting restorations
- Creates comfortable, properly fitting restorations
- Considered a more economical tooth restoration option
- CEREC restorations are less prone to cracks and other damage than other restorations
- No need for uncomfortable temporary crowns or restorations
- No need for messy impressions — your mouth is mapped digitally to achieve a proper fit
- Fewer injections and less dental drilling needed
- Requires a less invasive procedure, as there is minimal tooth reshaping
- You get a gorgeous, functional smile weeks earlier than with other procedures
Which of Our Procedures Use CEREC?
The CEREC system is used to create Ramona dental crowns in one day, a process that simplifies and shortens the process (by at least one dental office visit) for the following procedures we offer:
- Inlays and Onlays
- Dental implants
Complete Your Smile Faster with CEREC
Are you curious about CEREC same-day crowns or other dental procedures using this advanced technology? If you have damaged or missing teeth or other dental problems requiring a tooth restoration, you may be in line to experience the benefits of CEREC technology. To schedule your dental exam or procedure with Dr. Feely, call Ramona Family Dentistry today at (760) 789-0170.